Wallbang is a term used to describe a kill in which the bullet(s) travel through an intermediate solid surface before hitting and killing the opponent. For example, there is a wallbang spot in Short Fuse where the third floor can be fired upon from the outside but cannot be fired out of from the inside (above the Bombsite B). This appears as a glass window from the outside but as a solid wall in the exact same spot from the inside. This spot is used occasionally by people playing Elimination Pro or Search and Destroy to hit people who may be hiding in that particular spot. In Kill Creek, the middle section of the train can be shot through and potentially kill the player inside although the bullet damage is reduced. Many people do not know how this and upon getting killed, accuse the person who killed them using Superbullets.
Things that bullets can travel through
- Wooden fences
- Metal fences like those in Rattlesnake, and the one on Bravo roof in Oil Rig.
- Wooden doors on the train in Kill Creek (best result with OHK Sniper Rifle)
- Wire mesh fencing like in Gray Hammer and Junk Flea
- Sheet on Pump Jack
- Metal sheet in Power Surge
- Wooden Platforms in Junk Flea (both Alpha spawn and Bravo spawn)