This is a historical page that documents Weapons, Gear, Modes, Maps, Sales, or Events that are no longer available, and as such, information should only be added.
The Tactical Assault Units Weapons are event variants of weapons.
How to obtain
The TAU Upgrade system allowed a player to trade NEMEXIS Nanotechs for weapons and upgrade them through the Emporium. It was first released through the 12/18/13 update, starting with the M417. The Honorable Discharge of TAU Upgrade System was announced on July 1st, 2014 and effective on July 23rd, 2014.
Combat Arms Brazil released TAU weapons as part of Operation NA-TAU on December 11th, 2014. It is possible to exchange Christmas Tags for TAU weapons. All TAU weapons are available except the 1-Star Gold variant of each family. The event ended on January 7th, 2015.
TAU Upgrade System (Discontinued)
How to finish the upgrades:
2. Look for the base weapon model tagged as a TAU in the Scavenger Jobs list. Exchange 100 NEMEXIS Nanotechs for it.
3. Look for the gun's TAU upgrade in the Upgrade Jobs list. Do not confuse it with something else (i.e M417 TAU and M417 TAU CQB)
4. Finish the Upgrade Job (a number of kills with the gun) and turn in. The weapon should now be the next tier of the weapon variants (i.e M417 -> M417 CQB)
5. Activate the upgraded weapon's Upgrade Job.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all upgrade jobs for the weapon are completed.
7. The player now has two choices to make:
a) The Free Choice: Obtain many silver coins via playing many games and spin the Wheel of Fate until 10,000 Nanotech Parts are obtained. Access the Gun Emporium and forge four NanoTech Dossiers and forge the latest TAU upgrade with the four NanoTech Dossiers to obtain the final version of the weapon variants.
b) The NX Choice: Purchase an Advanced Refiner for 5,000 NX. Obtain many silver coins via playing many games and spin the Wheel of Fate until 5,000 Nanotech Parts are obtained. Access the Gun Emporium. Forge two NanoTech Dossiers and forge the latest TAU upgrade with the Advanced Refiner and the two Dossiers to obtain the final version of the weapon variants.
- When first released, the meaning of TAU was unknown, but after the Nemexis Requisitions Update, it became known that TAU stood for Tactical Assault Units.
- The Honorable Discharge of TAU System was announced because it no longer became an influence of acquiring weapons.