|Other Names||RS, Rattle, Snake|
|First Introduced||February 4, 2009|
|“||An enemy compound deep in a mountainous, jungle region is suspected to be a manufacturing facility for conventional and chemical weapons. It must be disabled.||”|
|— Map description.|
Rattlesnake (RS, Rattle, and Snake) is the 11th released map in Combat Arms. It is a woodland map, similar to Brushwood, that was released by the 2-04-09 Patch. Korea obtained the map first, followed by Europe's Open-Beta, then finally the American server.
Rattlesnake has six playable game modes:
Rattlesnake is a large, open map set in a nighttime environment. There are two main areas: the first is the large field that takes up most of the exterior portions of the map, and second the warehouse, which comprises the entirety of the enclosed areas in the map (save for the player spawns).
Alpha Site is outside; going straight momentarily and turning right would lead players to an inactive, half-open gate, which connects to the Exterior Middle and is the only "normal" way, without using button tricks or falling, of getting out of the spawn point. Going a bit further into Alpha's spawn point leads to a doorway to a small hut-like structure.
The hut has a flight of stairs that lead to the roof, which is a good Camping point for the Exterior Middle. The roof has an attached Tower, which is accessed by a ladder on the roof. This tower also provides good sniping and spraying support to the Exterior Middle, though it is partially exposed to the Warehouse Middle's lookout point.
Bravo's spawn point is partially outside; the single open doorway present leads players onto a catwalk on the second level of the warehouse. Players often tend to wait near this doorway as a Spawn Camper). Going left of the door and through another opening around the catwalk takes you to the Warehouse Middle; going right leads you downstairs to the first level of the warehouse. Two layers of lever-controlled (a panel allows it to open/close) "garage doors" protect Bravo team from rushing Alpha forces and Camper snipers. The first level also has another flight of stairs at the far left end that leads to the Warehouse Middle.
The Exterior Middle shows the one of the unique aspects of the map; the night. It is pretty dark, though everything can still be seen almost as normal. Two huge freight containers provide cover from Alpha's Tower and from Bravo's entrance. There are a few barrels scattered throughout the place which can be used to tactically inflict damage on campers or rushers as needed. As one end leads to Alpha's Point half-opened gate, and the other end leads to Bravo's second layer of garage doors, which can be opened from the outside, this leads to many large firefights.
This warehouse, like a normal warehouse, is filled with boxes and pipes. There are also barrel's, fences, and tanks, and it still has power, as the lights on the ceiling remain working. In a center room there is a sniping balcony overhead which can be used to lay down suppressive fire on Alpha team as they come from their spawn staircase.
Below that, there is a room with several crates and windows, followed by some stairs on both ends, leading to near both spawn points.
The stairs on Bravo side lead down to a lower level less complex than the one above. It still has boxes and barrels, and there is also a few ladders.
- Laying mines atop ladders, like all maps, is still effective.
- Camping in Alpha's Tower is effective for sniping if you are on Bravo team just be very careful on the way there.
- Rush through the middle to the other side, and camp in the enemy's spawn.
- If you are on Alpha, camp directly outside Bravo's spawn in a corner so you are unseen from inside the spawn in which you can ambush Bravo once they leave their spawn and enter the warehouse. Your position will likely be compromised after a few kills so make sure to move between the sides of the warehouse or leave after making several kills.
- If you are on Bravo, go to the second level inside the open warehouse and stand on the green barrel, that way you can snipe enemies through a tiny corner and nobody can kill you, but beware if they happen to shoot the barrel (via. larger but fairly small gap) you will lose your spot and ending up killing your self.
- If you are on Bravo, camp at the stairway leading down to Alpha's gate, giving the height advantage and mowing down everything that is down there and you have a place to hide while they don't.
- Rattlesnake is the second woodland map to be released, following BrushWood.
- If you crouch in the puddle of water near Alpha's Spawn you are invincible, no bullets will hit you and you can still shoot back.
- The level is very likely set in Vietnam, due to the jungle environment, and the sign on the gates where you spawn in the swamp is in Vietnamese.
- Rattlesnake, unlike Brushwood, takes place both inside and outside.
- Rattlesnake is the first map to have background sound effects. For example it has an owl hooting in background.
- On the 8/1/09 Patch, a large watch light was installed above the tower next to Alpha's spawn site. Numerous players have attempted to climb atop the light for better views. The light is seen more as a visual upgrade as it does little to improve lighting.
- The word Rattlesnake is one whole word rather than two.
- This is the first map to have an animal name.
- Alpha's spawn appears to be an insertion point.
- Though the map takes place somewhere in South America, there is a sign on Alpha's gate that is written in Vietnamese.
|• Battle at City Center • Bloodbath Bazaar • Blood Money • Brushwood • Cold Seed • Costa Recon • Dark Forest • Death Room • Death Row • Dredge • Ghost Town • Grave Digger • Gray Hammer • Hallow Ravine • Junk Flea • Junk Flea 2 • Kill Creek • Neptune • Oil Rig • Overdose • Piazza • Power Surge • Pump Jack • Rattlesnake • Red Canyon • Roadkill • Rural Estate • Sand Hog • Sector 25 • Short Fuse • Showdown • Slaughterhouse • Snow Valley • Training Grounds • Two Towers • Vertigo • Warhead • Waverider|
|Fireteam: Desert Thunder • Cabin Fever • Black Lung • Desert Fox • NEMEXIS HQ • NEMEXIS Labs|
|Unreleased Warzones: • Glitch Map|