|“||To keep up with the ever changing nature of the battlefield, the R870 MCS (Modular Combat Shotgun) strives to offer mercenaries a shotgun to meet any needs. The R870 MCS offers great stopping power in combination with a light weight construction.||”|
|— The Arsenal|
The R870 Modular Combat Shotgun (MCS) is an NX variant of the R870. It has been given a notable increase in firepower, along with a new black color and extra portability. Much like its predecessors, it is a pump-action shotgun, which means you pump the gun after each shot. It's form and shape are different. Instead of having a classic sporting grip style holding the stock, there is now a pistol grip that increases control. It retains the same damage increase as the R870 SE.
|GP Rare||R870 SE|
|NX Standard||R870 MCS|
|NX Rare||R870 MCS MOD|
|Epic||Max’s R870 MCS MOD|
|Forged/MARK II||Boneyard Shotgun(R870)|
- The R870 MCS has identical stats to the M4 Super 90, except with 6 points lower fire rate, more total ammo, under half as much spread, and a significantly slower reloading time.
- The R870 MCS, however, is closer to the M3 Super 90 in terms of form factor and stats. The R870 MCS and M3 both are pump-actions shotguns with pistol grips, and their stats are nearly identical. This R870 has lower recoil than the M3.
- This was one of the items to have been in the retiring from permanent sale.
- It has tight spread for a pump action shotgun, which makes it slightly more difficult to use in all out CQC.
- It was available for 25% off permanent duration during Combat Arms' 4th Anniversary sales.
- During the Return of the Perms Sale, it was available for 15,920 NX permanent duration.