Supply Case only
Low (due to rarity)
|“||A Mythic pair of weapons with demonic properties, capable of unleashing an unyielding rain of fire on anyone that gets caught in its path||”|
|— Current Item Description|
|“||A powerful, demonic pair of weapons, capable of unleashing an unyielding rain of fire on anyone caught in its path.||”|
|— Old Item Description|
The Orthus is a Submachine Gun.
The weapon has many huge improvements over the similar Dual Skorpions such as a tighter bullet spread, lower recoil, larger ammo capacity, faster reload, higher damage and greater portability. The Dual Skorpions are inferior to the Orthus in all aspects.
|NX Standard||Kriss SpecOps
- Orthus refers to a two-headed dog from Greek mythology, the lesser-known brother of the mythical Cerberus.
- Orthus belongs to the same series of weapons as Azazel/Azazel Revived, Andromalius and Legion.
- Like all weapons, it does not belong to a mercenary.
- This is the second known set of dual-wielded weapons. The first was the Dual Skorpions.
- This is the first weapon to be a dual-wielded one.
- This weapon was originally discovered, along with other weapons, inside the game's .rez files.
- Before the recent patches, there was a glitch: if a player died while holding the gun, the weapon would drop but would be inconspicuous - only a red speck would be visible.
- Its item description was changed in the 9-18-13 Content Update.