|“||A single-shot grenade launcher. Simple design, but compatible with a wide range of projectiles.||”|
|— Item Description|
The Heckler & Koch HK69A1, known as the MZP-1 in-game, is a unique, single-shot, NX-Standard grenade launcher. It was released the day following the 7-27-11 Patch.
Being one the first grenade launchers available for permanent duration, the MZP-1 is a devastating weapon to be reckoned with. Its break-action reload (being second from the M79) and arch-like shots make it a weapon for tactical uses (rather than being a diversely used weapon in a variety of situations). In other words, the MZP-1 is a weapon used to finish off injured enemies once the player have depleted their primary ammo source or when they are hiding behind objects. The MZP-1 has a main advantage over the M79's lower damage rating. Due to its NX cost being pitted up against GP users, the launcher is hardly seen used in-game where players would prefer the straight-shots of the rocket of a RPG-7 or a LAW, or to strain their skills in arching their shots without having to spend NX. Other factors may include the much higher fire rate of the M32, which, consequently must be used in conjunction with the Specialist purchase, which have a higher practicality usage and effectiveness in killing the enemy.
- The MZP-1 is the second NX launcher in the game, the first being the Autumn LAW.
- It is also the first weapon of its class, to be available for permanent purchase.
- So far, this is the second launcher to reload in a break action style.
- This is the only launcher to have a 1/3 ammo capacity, resulting in 4 grenades.
- This weapon has been sold again on 8/9/11 for 2 weeks for 30 and 90 days, including permanent.
- In Combat Arms: Europe this weapon was called HK69 in the update patch notes, but in game its name is MZP-1.
- The MZP-1 was sold for permanent in Best of 2011 Sale for 14,925 NX (20% off the original price).
- It was available for permanent duration in the Return of the Perms Sale 2 for 15,920 NX.