|“||A mercenary version of the heavy M60 machine gun in a striking metallic trim. Performs on par with the standard M60.||”|
|— The Arsenal|
The M60 Steel is a cosmetic variant of the M60 Machine Gun, and is bought in the Black Market. This weapon was added during the delayed December 2008 Patch. Along with the same stats of the M60, the cosmetic variant has a steel finish, making the lower receiver, outer barrel, gas tube, front sight, and flash hider a shinier steel-like silver.
TAU Event VariantEdit
After the 2/20/14 patch a special permanent variant of the M60 Steel was available to Combat Arms Players, the M60 TAU Steel. This variant was part of a special event in which players could complete various upgrade and scavenging jobs in order to obtain another special variant, the M60E4 TAU Steel.
Players would receive the M60 TAU Steel after getting 250 kills with, and upgrading it from, the M60E4 TAU. With this gun players could forge the M60E4 TAU Steel, a special variant of the regular gun. This required that players have this gun, as well as four Nanotech Dossiers, or two Nanotech Dossiers and one Advanced Refiner. Nanotech Dossiers could be acquired by exchanging 2500 Nemexis Nanotechs, obtain in varying amounts from the roulette wheel, in the scavenger section of the jobs tab.
|NX Standard||M60 Steel|
|NX Rare||M60E4 Steel|
|Forged/MARK II||Box Gun(M60)|
- This was one of the items to be in the retiring for permanent sale.
- This can also be forged into a Box Gun.
- This gun accepts customization, and that sparked a rumor that this gun can become better than it's NX Rare counterpart.
- Between the month of August 5 and August 11, 2011, this machine gun was on sale for permanent for 14,925 NX.
- It was available for permanent duration in the Return of the Perms Sale 2 for 15,920 NX.