|“||A gas-operated automatic shotgun. Capable of burst fire, and has a folding stock for indoor and close quarters combat.||”|
|— The Arsenal|
The M4 Super 90 is a fully automatic Shotgun, similar to the SPAS-12 (and unlike its pump-action GP variant). It features low recoil, a high rate of fire, and a quick reloading speed. It also has a wider spread than most Shotguns, but it can still kill someone in two shots due to the high damage it can inflict.
The M4 Super 90 has a fire rate extremely close to the Saiga 20K, making it the second fastest firing Shotgun next to the AA-12. Unlike the Saiga 20K and AA-12, the M4 Super 90 can fire while reloading.
The M4 Super 90 has about more damage, a faster fire rate, faster reload, and a larger shell load than the M590 Military.
|GP Standard||M3 Super 90|
|NX Standard||M4 Super 90|
- The 7-28-10 patch has slowed the rate of fire slightly.
- Its rate of fire has apparently been nerfed again in a patch in August 2010.
- The M4 Super 90's reloading sound was changed around the middle of the year 2011.
- After the Permanent Retirement, the M4 Super 90 was the only shotgun that could be bought for permanent duration in the Black Market.
- This shotgun had originally appeared in Combat Arms Korea 2007 closed Beta, with a price of 1,400 GP (1 Day).
- The M4 Super 90 was on sale on the Black Friday 2011. The gun on sale of a 30% discount for 1 day, 7 day, 30 day and 90 day durations; and 30% off for permanent duration.
- It was available for for 50% off permanent duration during the Shut Up And Take Our Perms Sale.
- It was available for permanent duration in the Return of the Perms Sale 3 for 15,920 NX.
- When crouched, the shotgun has less spread; a feature not shared by other Shotguns aside from the AA-12.
- Despite the item description, the Combat Arms version of the M4 Super 90 is not capable of Burst Fire, nor is it capable of doing so in real life.
- Despite the mounting rail, no scopes can be attached in-game.
- Contrary to its arsenal description, the weapon does not have a folding stock; rather it has a collapsable stock.