1 Day - 900 NX
7 Days - 3,400 NX
30 Days - 6,500 NX
90 Days - 11,900 NX
Permanent - 24,900 NX
Regular: Below Average
TAU Event variant: Above average
Pre-attached iTech Reflex Sight
|“||Refitted with a longer barrel to increase muzzle velocity, the M417 Combat cuts through more armor and bodies than its standard counterpart.||”|
|— The Arsenal|
The M417 Combat is the NX Standard variant of the M417. It has a slight damage boost from the normal M417, but besides that, all stats are the same.
The M417 Combat is arguably better at long range damage, because of its small damage dropoff. The M417 Combat has a noticeably longer barrel than the standard M417, and the original shape of the M417 seems to have changed quite a lot. The front iron sight has also removed. Some players, including reviewers, claim that the M417 Combat has a different recoil pattern, which makes it a bit harder to tap fire and harder to take out enemies at a longer ranges. With its first impression, the M417 Combat seems to be outclassed by rifles such as the ACR Sandfire, AK-74M, and other NX standard assault rifles, which should be taken into consideration when buying this gun for the first time.
With the full customization of barrel, It changes the recoil pattern to straight up for the first 3-5 shots with slight increase in recoil. However the recoil is still comparable to that of the M4A1 with a 2 point damage boost. This greatly enhances it's ability to take down stationary enemies in mid range and it is advised to fire short controlled bursts of 3-5 as one burst is enough to kill one enemy.
TAU Event VariantEdit
On the 18th of December a special permanent variant of the M417 Combat was available to Combat Arms Players, the M417 TAU Combat. This variant was part of a special event in which players could complete various upgrade and scavenging jobs in order to obtain another special variant, the M417 TAU SB.
Players would receive the M417 TAU Combat after getting 250 kills with, and upgrading it from, the M417 TAU CQB. With this gun players could forge the M417 TAU SB, a special variant of the regular gun. This required that players have this gun, as well as four Nanotech Dossiers, or two Nanotech Dossiers and one Advanced Refiner. Nanotech Dossiers could be acquired by exchanging 2500 Nemexis Nanotechs, obtain in varying amounts from the roulette wheel, in the scavenger section of the jobs tab.
As of the 1/23/14 patch, all the TAU variants of the M417 family are able to be customized in the Gun Emporium.
|GP Rare||M417 CQB|
|NX Standard||M417 Combat
M417 Combat Blue
M417 Combat Red
M417 Combat Green
|NX Rare||M417 SB|
M416 CQB CAMO
Baron's M416 CQB
Baron's Revised M416 CQB
PSY's M416 CQB
- As of January 2011, Nexon retired the weapon from being purchased permanently. It was being sold for 12,450 NX Permanent on 01-19-11 through 01-26-11. And on 5-30-11 for 14,940 NX.
- The M417 Combat and the K5SD were the last weapons to be retired in the Permanent Weapon Retirement.
- On May 30th 11am (Pacific) the M417 Combat was sold for 14,940 NX for a Permanent Duration.
- It was available for for 50% off permanent duration during the Shut Up And Take Our Perms Sale.
- It was available for permanent duration in the Return of the Perms Sale 3 for 19,920 NX.
- The reload animation is similar to many other weapons such as the M6A2 and the AN-94. The player simply ejects the magazine and pops in another one without pulling the charging handle, resulting in a quick reload.
- The M417 Combat can be customized in the Gun Emporium with a trigger and barrel attachment. The piston attachment is restricted for this weapon.