After becoming a Super Spy, he or she will automatically obtain this weapon. The Minigun is seemingly impossible to counter; it contains 900 bullets, and it does not require any reloading at all as it has no extra magazine/belt. A downside is that the Vulcan has a short period of spooling (warming up) before it can actually fire.
Compared to the other Machine Guns in Combat Arms, the Minigun seems to be the heaviest (fighting Super Spy one-on-one, with the player having another type of MG, the player would actually move slightly faster than the Super Spy).
After the 3-25-09 Patch, the power of this weapon has been decreased due to players complaining the firepower is too high and causes uneven gameplay.
A Specialist variant of the M134 was released during the the August 25/26, 2009 patch. However, the Specialist is much different from the original, such as allowing the Minigun to be continuously spooled (or "revved up,") so it is almost always ready to fire, and having only 500 bullets.
- The non-specialist M134 Minigun actually has a different name. Look at the ingame Spy Hunt picture on the right or bottom and as you can see, it says M134 next to the bullet count. Compare that to the picture of the ingame M134 Minigun (Specialist), That version says M134 Minigun.
- The M134 has black barrel brackets on the barrel unlike the white/silver ones on the M134 Minigun.
- It is the second weapon to be lifted up when running. The first being the Anaconda Black, third being the Desert Eagle, the fourth being the M134 Minigun, and the fifth being the Skorpion. (NX variants not included).
- The standard M134 will be available in Cabin Fever on Round 20. Unlike the Specialist Minigun, this special Vulcan will be chambered to deal its usual damage against the Infected, unlike the weakened Specialist version. So it is possible to mow the Infected down with its usual damage by using this gun.
- The M134 is the only Model Weapon (as well as Super Spy weapon) that can be picked up. No other weapon can be obtained outside their respective game modes.