Not to be confused with Hired Guns, the game mode.
Hired Mercenaries are simply NPC versions of the standard Mercenaries; with the same exact attire, though they wear a beret (as a sign of alligiance).
The Hired Mercenaries are AI controlled and will follow the player around, providing cover fire for him/her against enemy troops. They will also hold their position if ordered to do so.
The Hired Mercs are able to:
- Shoot enemies with their weapon
- Utilize Melee tactics (usually in close combat)
- Throw explosives
- Follow instructions from the Player
The following are the list of mercenaries that featured in Hired Guns
- Female Base: Recon Vest + Anti-Flash Goggles + Comm Cap + MP5A4 (Only in Blood Money)
- Deckland: Light Vest + Metal Anti-Flash Goggles + Black Beret + P90
- Zadan: Medium Vest + Skull Bandana + Skull Helmet + M416
- Baron: Heavy Vest + Force Warrior Helmet + MG21E
- Codename Scorpion: Heavy Vest + Scorpion's PP-19 MOD (Only in Death Row)
- Codename Raven: Light Vest + Raven's G36C (Only in Death Row)
- Their animations resemble the NPCs from various Fireteam missions.
- Due to their programming, the Hired Mercs are almost completely useless as they spray inaccurately and can't move/walk while shooting. Strangely though, they seem to have slightly more health than the players.
- Surprisingly, they happen to be the only friendly NPCs in the game as any other bots only appear in fireteam and are hostile.