|“||This rapid-fire shotgun equipped with a drum magazine is known for its minimal recoil and high level of accuracy.||”|
|— The Arsenal|
The Auto Assault-12, known as the AA-12, is a fully-automatic shotgun. It was released on Tuesday, February 23, 2010.
The AA-12 comes with a standard 20-round drum magazine, and another magazine in reserve - boasting the highest magazine capacity of any shotgun (20/20 + magazine mods).
While its family boasts the fastest fire rate out of all the shotguns, the AA-12 series also sports the least amount of damage in its category.
This gun has small spread (especially for a shotgun), allowing for highly-controllable recoil and a more-effective range. The AA-12 also features a relatively fast reload, and has a fully automatic fire mode.
|NX Rare||AA-12 Dominator|
|Forged/MARK II||AA-12 MARK II|
- This weapon was offered for sale at a discounted price during the following events:
- The AA-12, being a very weak 2-3 hit kill can be considered underpowered but its high fire rate can bring it into the rank of an average gun.
- It shoots a group of 6 pellets per round.
- It cannot shoot during reload just like the Saiga 20K.
- The way the player holds the shotgun may seem awkward, with his or her thumb on top of the gun, but in real life this type of grip is used to help control recoil.
- This shotgun can be upgraded into AA-12 MARK II, with more damage but a slower rate of fire.
- This shotgun features a spring system in the stock that absorbs recoil and makes it have little, if any.
- The AA-12 is the shotgun to have the second fastest fire rate, tying with the Max's R870 MCS MOD. The shotgun with the fastest fire rate is the AA-12 Dominator.