|“||Combat Arms 3.0 was just deployed, but we're not done with the updates yet! A new Russian GP Pistol, a brand new Russian Assault Rifle, and Zharkov, the first Mercenary to join the Combat Arms force in years, all mean it's time for Operation: Motherland! Check out all the changes below.||”|
|— Combat Arms Command|
Operation: Motherland was a Content Update on the 21st of August, 2013. It started and ended at the following times:
- Pacific (PDT): 6:30 AM - 11:00 AM.
- Eastern (EDT: 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM.
- Sydney, Australia (AEST): 11:30 PM - 4:00 AM, September 19th.
Bug Fixes and Other Changes
Changes Made in the 8-21-13 Content Update:
- When a player crouches, their first person view will be lowered to the correct level. This change will also block the "Nametag Peeking" exploit in most cases.
- VIP Escort: Alpha and Bravo teams will now switch objectives every few rounds, depending on the Goal setting for the match, giving both teams equal time escorting and hunting down the VIP.
- Dying while crouching will no longer cause the player to have a lower first person view during their next life.
- The Ammo Count listed in-game is now "Magazine Size" / "Remaining Ammo" to match the display on HUD in-game. Weapons ammo counts have not changed.
- Hauser's forehead no longer clips through Head or Face items.
- Nexon has added in secret updates and did not mention them in the notes, such as the new cosmetic item Hard Hat, the new male voice command ("Enemy down"), and the change of all character descriptions.
- Combat Arms Command. "Operation: Motherland Update Notes" Combat Arms News 21st of August, 2013. http://combatarms.nexon.net/home/newsdetail/?contentNo=00H4A